We’re blogging together!!!!!!!!
Age group / Level:
6th grade of Primary (Cicle Superior)
– Use ICT activities in the classroom.
– To publish a text in the class blog.
– To register ourselves in a blog.
– Follow instructions in English .
– Participate actively.
Main language (vocabulary, chunks, sounds, …)
The language of this activity is quite wide: instructions, words related to blogging.
1 lesson ( it will be good if the lesson was longer, as 1h 30 min, in order to not run out of time)
Materials / Resources
- laptop/computer with internet connection
- a beamer
- one computer for pair of pupils (we can use the computer classroom for this activity)
- a text done in the English class before (a description, a recipe, etc.)
Grouping and interaction
- Previously, the teacher has created a blogclass in wordpress.com
- We show them the blog using the beamer. We explain what is a blog, and what is it used for.
- Now, tell them that they are going to participate in this blog class by adding a text.
- The pupils decide which text done previously in the classroom is doing to be published on the blog.
- Once the decision is done, we tell them the steps to register themselves in this blog.
- Now the registration process is finished, we give them the instructions to type the text and publish it on the blog.
- At the end of the class, we see all the texts using the beamer.
The assessment is continuous, as we are following the work done by the pupils, and we check their comprehension by seeing if they follow the instructions.